How to replace the SSD in LambdaQuad?

We have a ticket on this. It will be helpful to have the:
smartctl -x /dev/nvme0

Also it may be you just need to run fsck. I am waiting on data to
determine how/why the data was corrupt. (inode is basically a pointer to a file).
Either way it is best to back up your data sooner.

  • This will show previous errors, temperatures over threshold, etc.

For copying there are a few ways…

  1. The hold ‘hack’ way"
    a. Copy the partition table
    dd if=/dev/olddev of=/dev/newdev
    where olddev/newdev are your actual device names
    Control-C after a few seconds (copies the partition tables)
    Or you can use fdisk, parted, gparted to create the same partitions.
    b. mkfs/Mount the partitions
    - mkfs the new partitions
    - mount the partitions
    - Then use cp -ax or find . | cpio -pdum directory
  2. Use one of the tools… I will test clonezilla and gparted to do the moves.
    https://clonezilla.org/
    GParted -- GParted Manual
    * Again I will test these.

Normally I just do a fresh install, and copy over the home or data directories.

Mark